Doctor of Philosophy in Plastics Engineering
The Doctor of Philosophy program in Plastics Engineering is designed to produce qualified professionals for technical management positions in the plastics industry, as well as for administrative positions in government and for teaching careers in colleges and universities.
The goal of the Ph.D. program is to develop decision-making engineers with sound theoretical and technical research knowledge who are design and development oriented and who also have a firm background in engineering management. This interdisciplinary program encompasses study in materials, design, processing, mathematics, computer science, and management.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Graduates with a B.S. in Engineering (e.g. Plastics, Mechanical, Chemical, Materials...) and high academic standing may apply for admission to the Ph.D.
- Technical graduates who do not have a B.S. in "Engineering" but have a science degree may request admission to the program with the understanding that they will also be required to take and pass the "Fundamentals of Engineering Exam" given by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- Admission to the program will be based on review by the Graduate Admissions Office and by the Admissions Committee of the Plastics Engineering Department
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Energy Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell