Graduate Certificate in Public Administration & Leadership
This 12-credit graduate certificate in Public Administration and Leadership is designed for agency managers seeking to expand their leadership skills, agency line staff who are preparing to move into management roles, those with existing master degrees (e.g. master of criminal justice, master of social work) who wish to add on a management oriented credential, or prospective MPA students who are interested in an intermediate credential. Areas of skill development include public and non-profit leadership, personnel management, public budgeting and financial management, and data management. Because courses for the graduate certificate program are aligned with the master’s program curriculum, this program serves as both a standalone certificate and can serve as a pathway into the master’s program. Upon successful completion of the graduate certificate in Public Administration and Leadership, certificate holders who received a GPA of 3.5 and above may apply to waive the GRE requirement when applying to the Master’s.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
First-year students entering in fall 2018 had an average GPA of 3.59 and an average combined Evidence Based Reading and Math SAT score of 1239 (ACT equivalent 26). Along with all other public universities and colleges in the Massachusetts system, UMass Lowell is not using the Writing Score.
Admissions counselors and policy makers are sensitive to the factors that may result in accomplished students having a lower-than-expected GPA or SAT score. The applications of students who don’t meet the standards, but for whom UMass Lowell otherwise seems like a good match, are reviewed individually.
- You are considered a freshman if you have not taken any post-secondary/college coursework. Your application should include your high school or secondary school records, including results from culminating or leaving examinations. Scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) or the American College Test (ACT) will be required, along with an essay and a letter of recommendation. The CEEB code number for UMass Lowell is 3911. There is also a no-test option for available to freshmen applicants.
- International freshman applicants may use the no-test option and waive the SAT or ACT and TOEFL or IELTS exams if your secondary institution provides written verification that the means of instruction is in English, you are enrolled in an IB curriculum, attend an American School or are enrolled in a curriculum that leads to Cambridge International Examinations: IGCSE/O-Level and GCE/A level exam. Please note that additional essays are required of freshman applicants who choose the no-test option.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificate in Systems Models and Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain and Operations Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Health Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Management at University of Massachusetts Lowell