Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechatronic Engineering
Sophisticated robots that are used to defuse bombs, deactivate mines and explore shipwrecks wouldn’t exist without mechatronic engineers – engineers who bring together technologies from mechanical design, electronic systems, telecommunications and computing.
This degree will equip you with the skills you’ll require to design and construct the very robots and their computer systems that will be responsible for creating the autonomous future. You’ll learn how to apply appropriate modelling, measurement and simulation techniques, and design software tools to solve problems in a broad range of electromechanical engineering areas, such as robotics, automation, control systems and relevant manufacturing processes. You’ll develop knowledge to design, implement, test, deploy and consider the long-term maintenance of large interdisciplinary (electronic, mechanical, software) systems. And you’ll learn how to proficiently identify, select and apply mechatronics engineering theory and analysis, modelling and simulation, and measurement knowledge to address complex problems with interdisciplinary components.
- Engineering at Macquarie is built around a project-based professional development spine, which allows you to gain practical, hands-on experience and collaborate on projects with your fellow students.
- In addition to developing your knowledge and skills in core mechatronic engineering concepts, you’ll have the opportunity to choose additional bundles of electives to boost your career prospects. These electives will be formally recognised and will show employers that you have depth of knowledge in areas that interest you the most.
- You’ll have access to our new cutting-edge engineering facilities, including collaborative learning spaces, a dedicated full-pitch FIRST® robotics field and our state-of-the-art wind tunnel.
- From your second year, you’ll have the opportunity to use our award-winning PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program to complete an internship or work placement with one of our industry partners or with one of our research groups in Biomedical Microdevices, Sustainable Energy Systems, Biomedical Imaging and Sensing, and Power Electronics.
- You’ll have opportunities to get involved in a range of student-led projects including working with our MQ Speed team and CubeSat group, or participating in FIRST® robotics mentoring.
- Macquarie has close links with public and private sector organisations, such as BAE Systems, Cochlear, Optus and Honeywell, leading to internships and graduate opportunities.
- Your learning experience will be enhanced by our location in Australia’s largest high-tech precinct, which is brimming with collaborative, internship and employment opportunities.
- The World Economic Forum has identified robotics engineering as an accelerated job field. As the pioneers of FIRST® robotics in Australia, we’re dedicated to supporting the emerging robotics field and preparing you for the jobs of the future.
- This degree is accredited by Engineers Australia.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall graduate employment in engineering (QILT, 2017).
OTHER SPECIALISATIONS AVAILABLE
Choose from the following options:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Mechatronic engineer
- Automation engineer
- Building management system engineer
- Control system design engineer
- Designer and manufacturer
- Electronics design engineer
- Medical and technology device engineer
- Project manager
- Research and design manager
- Banking and finance companies
- Construction companies
- Energy companies
- Engineering firms
- Government agencies
- Infrastructure companies
- Research and development companies
- Transport companies
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
HSC Mathematics (Band 4) or equivalent. If you don't have the assumed knowledge, you're advised to undertake a bridging course in mathematics, which is offered in February.
RECOMMENDED STUDIES: HSC Physics plus HSC Mathematics Extension 1 or HSC Mathematics Extension 2 or equivalent.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 087876F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Landscape Processes for Archaeologists at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Software Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechanical Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)