Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies
Aim for a career supporting community health, and helping athletes achieve their best. Our double degree in sport and psychological studies gives you specialised understanding of the human body and mind.
The Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement)/Bachelor of Psychological Studies includes subjects in the biological sciences, social sciences and humanities. It prepares you for a career in the sport and exercise professions, with a focus on psychology.
You’ll acquire knowledge and skills for rewarding work in the following areas:
- exercise and sport science
- community fitness and health
- sport policy
- psychological counselling.
VU has world-class facilities, including sports labs to study biomechanics and physiology, and interaction labs for counselling practice.
You’ll also benefit from extensive work experience with sporting and community organisations.
With further graduate study, you can become a registered psychologist or teacher.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will have the skills to work in many areas, including the following:
- exercise and sport sciences
- athlete counselling
- community services
- human resources.
With an added postgraduate qualification, you can become a registered psychologist, teacher or social worker. For example, you can also study our:
- Master of Applied Psychology (Clinical Psychology)
- Masters of Teaching (Secondary).
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084877G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Biomedical Sciences) (1 year) at Victoria University