Master of Nursing Science
The two-year (240 point) Master of Nursing Science will fast-track your masters qualification and eligibility to become a registered nurse in New Zealand.
The programme has been designed to meet New Zealand’s health workforce need for more nurses, without compromising on quality of training.
For the first time at the University of Auckland, you can enter Nursing at masters level without a BNurs qualification.
If you have a bachelor’s degree in Health Science (BHSc) or Science (BSc) with courses in Physiology and Psychology, then consider all the possibilities a career in nursing can offer.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Nursing Science provides a pathway to career advancement and into management. Graduates often pursue careers in healthcare consulting, research and specialist nursing. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this program
- Advanced nurse practitioner
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Nurse administrator
- Nurse consultant
- Nurse educator
- Research nurse
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Public Health at University of Auckland