BA (Hons) in French
Students are expected to acquire the following skills at the end of the course: ? In-depth knowledge in linguistics and literature ? Competence in understanding and producing French text and discourses of good academic standard. The B. A. (Honours) French programme may lead to: ? Further studies in language and literature fields, but also following experience of our former students, in International Relations, Journalism, Human Resource Management ? Professional fields such as education, communication, public administration.
The programme aims at providing the students with knowledge and analytical skills in linguistics and literature.
Linguistic modules are an introduction to:
1. Basic theoretical developments in language studies such as structuralism, “linguistique de l’énonciation” and text linguistics.
2. Various language studies disciplines, namely, sociolinguistics, “didactologie des langues et cultures”, lexicology, and fields of studies such as “plurilinguisme”, creole studies and francophone studies.
Literature modules include studies of French and Francophone literatures as well as texts translated into French. These modules are designed to provide students with a sound cultural background and skills in text analysis through awareness of:
- various literary genres and movements in their historical, socio-cultural, and economic contexts
- major literary concerns/topics
- various critical approaches to literary texts
Electives modules from other programmes are offered to widen the scope of knowledge of our students.
- Aug Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For Bachelors program the Cambridge Higher School certificate is necessary or equivalent.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 5500 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD