Food Science BSc
We're ranked 1st in the Guardian university league tables 2020 and in The Complete University Guide 2020.
We offer an Institute for Food Science and Technology accredited Food Science programme that equips you with the depth and range of knowledge you’ll need for a successful career in the food industry.
Food science is a far-reaching discipline that applies the pure science subjects of chemistry, biology and nutrition to the study of the nature, properties, and composition of foods and the changes which they undergo during storage and processing. Food science is also concerned with maintaining and improving food quality and safety.
This programme will give you an in-depth understanding of food processing, food texture, flavour, food formulations, product development, and food safety. You’ll investigate operations that are applied to preserve foods as well as special procedures which are used to produce everyday commodities. You’ll also study the effects food and drink can have on our health and wellbeing.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Chemistry and Mathematics MChem, BSc at University of Leeds
- Zoology in Relation to Medicine and Veterinary Science Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds
- Sports Science in Relation to Medicine Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds
- Philosophy and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Pharmacology in Relation to Medicine Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds
- Neuroscience in Relation to Medicine Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds