This course will give you an in-depth theoretical and methodological grounding in linguistics and phonetics – analysing how language and speech sounds are structured and used.
Core modules will introduce you to key aspects of the discipline, such as syntax, phonetics and phonology. You’ll also develop your knowledge of a broad range of theoretical and empirical research methods. You’ll then choose from optional modules to suit your interests or career plans, such as language acquisition or sociolinguistics.
Spanning the arts and sciences, linguistics is a challenging and rewarding discipline that allows you to gain a real understanding of human communication as well as a wide range of transferable skills. Taught by experts in top-class facilities and supported by the Language at Leeds research network, this programme will give you a good foundation in the subject informed by the very latest research.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Language for Education at University of Leeds
- Language for Business: Business Management and Enterprise at University of Leeds
- TESOL Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Professional Language and Intercultural Studies MA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and English Language Teaching MA at University of Leeds
- Arabic/English Translation MA at University of Leeds