Social and Political Thought MA
Our MA brings together social theory, political theory and philosophy. You learn about the history of social and political thought and study political and social movements. You’ll cover both historical traditions and contemporary developments.
This is an interdisciplinary course. We bridge subject boundaries and use both empirical and normative analysis. You’ll learn from our faculty’s specialised knowledge of selected areas in contemporary thought and the major European historical tradition.
Our research strengths include:
- social theory (especially Hegel, Marx and Frankfurt School critical theory)
- recent democratic, socialist and environmentalist thought and practice
- the history of political, social and economic thought
- the philosophy of social science and the sociology of knowledge
- contemporary political philosophy cosmopolitanism.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A