Bachelor of Science Pharmaceutical Science
What is Pharmaceutical Science?
People in Ireland are living longer, healthier and more active lives, partly due to medical progress, and partly due to advancements in pharmaceutical science. Not only is pharmaceutical science critical to the health of the nation, it also plays a key role in the Irish economy. Ireland is one of the key locations for the pharmaceutical industry in Europe, and the Irish pharmaceutical industry has become one of the largest exporters of pharmaceuticals in the world. Over 150 pharmaceutical companies operate have plants in Ireland, including 9 of the world’s top 10 companies. This has created a strong demand for graduates qualified in pharmaceutical science, and employment prospects are excellent.
What is the BSc in Pharmaceutical Science Course?
- The BSc in Pharmaceutical Science course is a full-time, three-year degree that qualifies graduates for employment in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industries and related sectors.
- The course enables graduates to obtain a worthwhile qualification after three years of study.
- Students will study a broad range of scientific subjects that are important for the discovery, development and manufacture of drugs and therapies.
- A strong emphasis is placed on practical work in the laboratory, where students will get hands-on experience of using a wide range of techniques and instrumentation.
- A research project is included in the final year, allowing the student to work independently in an area of interest to them, developing their research and problem-solving skills.
- The program allows a more flexible progression to further qualifications such as transfer to the fourth year of a related honors degree at WIT or elsewhere.
Pharmaceutical Science at WIT
Students are exposed to a wide range of state-of-the-art instrumentation and equipment at WIT and learn from researchers actively involved in cutting-edge areas such as separation science, pharmaceutical drug delivery, biotechnology, and environmental science.
Research at WIT
WIT lecturing staff teaching on this course are actively involved in a range of highly successful and well-funded research work related to pharmaceutical science. Collaborators include national and international universities and research institutes, and industrial partners from the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical sector both in Ireland and abroad. Current research areas include: development of novel polymers for therapeutic drug delivery, biomedical research in eye treatment, novel analytical methods for pharmaceutical products, sensing devices for environmental analysis, biotechnology for drug synthesis and bioremediation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD175
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology