B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Geoscience: Geography and Geoscience
Students who wish to study Geoscience apply to the Geography and Geoscience stream and may select Geoscience as their specialist area for the third and fourth years at the end of the second year.
What is Geoscience?
Geoscience combines the study of geology, geography, chemistry, physics and biology, to develop a complete understanding of how the earth works. The work of geoscientists helps us understand the changing climate, predict earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, find supplies of energy and raw materials, maintain clean air and water, understand the motion of the earth’s crust and oceans, and reconstruct the evolution of rocky planets and life.
Geoscience: The course for you?
If you like science, enjoyed taking Geography and the physical sciences at secondary level, care about the earth, are fascinated by the natural world and enjoy working outdoors, then consider Geoscience. Geoscience attracts people who wish to study the dynamics of our planet, to understand environmental changes past, present and future, and to manage Earth’s resources in an economic and sustainable manner.
Geoscience at Trinity
At Trinity, you will learn from internationally renowned geoscientists whose teaching is informed by current research at the frontiers of knowledge. Our staff are drawn from the departments of Geology and Geography, where they investigate a diverse range of topical issues ranging from reconstructing sea-level change, development of life forms, measuring landforms on Mars to meteor impacts. Research and teaching in Trinity
Geoscience combine field-observation, sophisticated laboratory analysis and numerical modelling for a quantitative understanding of the planet
Graduate skills and career opportunities
There is currently a global shortage of geoscientists. Geoscience not only prepares students to work on many of society’s most important challenges, it also unlocks lucrative and personally rewarding careers in industry, academia, research and government. Careers leading directly from Geoscience include work in: environmental, engineering and geological consultancies; mineral exploration companies; the oil industry; environmental planning; government geological surveys; teaching and research. Geoscience graduates are also highly valued in more generalised fields of employment due to their adaptability, their many transferable skills and their experience at dealing with incomplete data sets.
Do you enjoy it…
- Finding out how our planet works?
- Exploring the natural world outdoors?
- Discovering how we can manage our natural resources more sustainably?
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR062
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin