Master of Physiotherapy
The Master of Physiotherapy is a two-year, graduate-entry degree leading to eligibility for registration as a physiotherapist in Australia. Innovative and practice-based in approach, the course's core areas of study include musculoskeletal, sport rehabilitation, neurological, orthopaedic and cardiorespiratory physiotherapy, across the lifespan.
In addition to core areas of physiotherapy, students have the opportunity to learn about evidence-based and professional practice, interprofessional teamwork, leadership, and undertake a research project. Advanced subjects include treatment of complex patients, health promotion and community rehabilitation, telehealth and quality assurance. All students develop a professional portfolio, designed to reflect professional competencies.
Developed by leading physiotherapy academics, the course's subject matter is delivered in an integrated, student-focused manner, making use of cutting-edge technologies. The course has been developed in consultation with experienced physiotherapy clinicians, ensuring strong links with the profession .
Over the two-year course students complete approximately 700 hours of clinical placement, sourced for them, addressing a variety of client groups across the lifespan. Clinical placements in hospitals and private practice are carefully selected to complement in-class learning and offer supervision by experienced physiotherapists. Students are allocated placements within the Sydney metropolitan area, with potential opportunities also available in rural and regional settings.
UTS: Health degrees that may be recognised for entry into the Master of Physiotherapy include:
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (C10300)
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Management (C10301)
- Bachelor of Health Science (C10360)
Note: students need to complete the prerequisites as electives within each degree listed above.
Selected applicants are required to undertake a short interview with a panel. Applicants are assessed in the areas of communication skills, interpersonal skills, interest in physiotherapy, and commitment to physiotherapy as a career.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Physiotherapists work in a variety of specialisations across public, private or community settings, sporting clubs and rehabilitation centres. The UTS Master of Physiotherapy prepares students for a rewarding career helping improve peoples' quality of life.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Entry is competitive and assessment is based on grade point average (GPA). Applicants must have completed the following prerequisites at a tertiary level within the past 10 years:
- two human anatomy subjects (structural and functional)
- one human physiology subject
- one exercise physiology subject
- one neuroscience subject
- one psychology subject, and
- one research methods subject
For prerequisite checking, students must provide a copy of the subject or unit descriptions from the university handbook (or equivalent) of the university where they completed the subjects. If students are unsure whether the previous study meets prerequisite requirements, they should email the subject outlines for pre-assessment.
Prerequisites may be completed as non-award units at a recognised tertiary institution if students did not complete them as part of their undergraduate degree.
Professional and clinical requirements
All successful applicants are required to:
- acquire a Working With Children Check and an Australian National Police Check
- complete a series of NSW Health forms including a Code of Conduct, and
- demonstrate evidence of protection against a number of specified infectious diseases
This degree leads to registration as a physiotherapist in Australia. Applicants who have already completed a physiotherapy degree overseas are also required to submit a personal statement stating their motivation for wanting to repeat a physiotherapy qualification.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall with TWE of 5.0, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27;
- AE6: Pass;
- PTE: 65-72;
- CAE: 185-190
- Course Code: 091975B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Artificial Intelligence at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Mathematics and Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Indigenous Health (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech and Language Sciences (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Transdisciplinary Innovation (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech Pathology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)