Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) / Science
Prepare to thrive in an exciting career where you'll use your skills and knowledge to solve some of the world's most challenging problems, and apply the interdisciplinary understanding and practical thinking learned through your preferred scientific passion.
This dual program combines engineering at an honours level with complementary areas of science to provide you with even greater career choices across multiple sectors.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) is a four-year program, and depending on your choice of major it will open the way for work in variety of fields, from infrastructure and hospitals to energy and software. Your study starts with a flexible first year, where you can mix and match introductory courses from across the majors to see what you like best, or you can enrol directly in your chosen major from day one if you prefer.
Your science degree offers one of the broadest selections of disciplines in Australia, enabling you to develop your talents while pursuing studies that suit your interests and ambitions. You'll also have the chance to gain relevant, real-world experience through employability and work-integrated learning. You'll graduate with highly developed knowledge in your specialist area, superior technical abilities, and advanced independent thinking and communication skills.
- Join the university ranked number one in Queensland for engineering and technology, with the largest choice of engineering disciplines of any university in the state.
- Experience a diverse range of possibilities before deciding on a specialisation, with the option to choose your program path in your first year or wait until your second year.
- Select from an array of science majors that will teach you how to work independently, perform critical experiments, analyse data and communicate results.
- Graduate with highly developed knowledge in your specialist area and a qualification widely respected and globally recognised.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical and Materials Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (Dual Major)
- Civil and Geotechnical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Science
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (Dual Major)
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering (Dual Major)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering (Extended Major)
- Mining and Geotechnical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Mining Engineering
- Plant Science
- Public Health
- Software Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Biomedical engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Process engineer
- Analytical chemist
- Environmental adviser
- Food technologist
- Electrical engineer
- Biodiversity project officer
- Underground planning engineer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 080730C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Software Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at The University of Queensland