Bachelor of Science (Honours) Physics for Modern Technology
What is the BSc (Hons) in Physics for Modern Technology?
The BSc (Hons) in Physics for Modern Technology is a full time, four year, honours degree which can be chosen within the WD002 - Bachelor of Science (Hons) Common Entry Route. This is an inter-disciplinary course which provides students with an understanding of the physics underlying modern technologies such as semiconductors, optics/photonics, alternative energy, and sensor systems. It is designed to provide students with strong and complementary skills in the areas of physics, engineering, mathematics and programming. Graduates will develop a range of transferable skills that are valued and much sought after by industry.
BSc (Hons) in Physics for Modern Technology work placement or study abroad
Students undertake a six-month work placement, allowing them to develop valuable professional skills. Recent placement opportunities have included: Analog Devices, Bausch & Lomb, Teva, FeedHenry, TSSG, UPMC Whitfield Cancer Care, Genzyme, Fidelity Investments, ESA (European Space Agency, Holland) and NPrime (UK).. Students may also study abroad in one of WIT’s partner institutions in Europe, Canada or the USA.
Why are Physics and Technology important?
- Physics is central to understanding the world around us and it is the driving force behind most modern technologies
- Smartphones, iPads, fibre-optics, lasers, GPS satellites, solid state drives, radiotherapy beams, smart sensors, medical imaging systems, and a host of other devices and systems are all applications of physics.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD002 PHY
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology