Bachelor of Biomedical Science / Bachelor of Business Administration
The Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Business Administration is designed to develop in students an understanding of business management and how organisations work that will enhance their professional careers in a range of biomedical contexts across a range of organisations.
The biomedical science component will train students in the core areas of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology and microbiology. Students will be introduced to each of these disciplines via core units and expected to undertake detailed study in at least one discipline, through utilization of elective units. Students will learn how the human body functions, what causes disease and how disease is treated. Graduates will be competent in applying a broad and coherent body of knowledge to undertake professional work in a range of biomedical science contexts, for example in biomedical research, in commercialisation, or in the pharmaceutical and medical technology industries.
Students will enhance their business administration knowledge in a range of areas including accounting, finance, marketing, business law and business data management. Industry placements in the final year of the degree will improve employability on graduation and provide students with a practical application of their studies.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Business Administration can enter a wide range of business and biomedical science roles including roles in pharmaceutical and medical technology industries; roles in marketing, medical, legal, research and quality assurance. Graduates might work in research roles in Universities, hospitals or the public health sector.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in Mathematics.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy
- Course Code: 088052E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Commerce at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Business Administration at Australian Catholic University (ACU)