Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional)
The Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) (MArch(Prof)UrbPlan(Prof)) will give you a sound platform for the realities of contemporary practice.
In less time than it takes to complete the two degrees separately, you will gain the qualification necessary to practice as a professional architect*, and the skills to shape the economic, social, environmental and cultural development of our urban spaces.
This programme has received its professional accreditation and is recognised by the New Zealand Registered Architects Board (NZRAB), the New Zealand Institute of Architects (NZIA) and the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA), as well as the New Zealand Planning Institute (NZPI).
*If you wish to become a practising architect, you must complete this programme (or any of our MArch(Prof) programmes) as well as additional requirements from the registration boards.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Successful completion of a Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) qualifies you to work as an architectural graduate, with the goal of gaining full professional registration, or as an urban planner with enhanced design skills. You can also contribute in a variety of roles in a private or public organisation, as well as parallel roles within the industry.
Jobs related to this programme
- Architect (following successful completion of additional professional registration requirements)
- Cultural adviser
- Environmental planner
- Policy analyst
- Urban designer
- Urban planner
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree in architecture or design
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Information Technology at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Project Management at University of Auckland