Languages, Cultures and Linguistics BA
Combine your passion for speaking languages with a fascination for how they work, by studying linguistics alongside one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Thai. You'll develop the spoken and written skills in your chosen language, and explore the cultures and histories of the countries where the language is spoken.
Developing expertise in linguistics will help you navigate the uniquely complex phenomenon of language. You’ll explore language acquisition, structure and change, the mental and social processes that shape and sustain human interaction, as well as phonetics – the study of how speech sounds are physically produced.
Studying a language in parallel will enable you to ground these linguistic concepts and theories and compare them across languages in everyday use, using them to bolster your language learning. In your final year, you'll develop a project on a topic of your choice to demonstrate the skills that stand out to employers.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian B BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian A BA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Politics BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds