Bachelors of Communication / Journalism
Become a global communicator and influence what the world reads, watches and understands.
Communication is an exciting new area of study encompassing several disciplines. You'll develop a critical awareness of how communication influences human lives through courses that examine the many different forms of communication. The wide range of technologies through which information is transmitted are also considered.
The Bachelor of Journalism is a professional program aimed at preparing you for entry into work in journalism and related fields. It develops a deep understanding of journalism and its media and communication contexts, and the skills and reflection necessary to be a journalist.
The core set of courses introduce you to the central features of contemporary communication and journalistic processes. By combining these courses with your chosen majors, you can tailor a career path to achieve your professional and personal goals.
All courses combine practice and theory and provide a sound platform for employment or further study.
- Develop specialist communications tactics through working with real clients, gaining first-hand experience in strategic industry practice
- Gain critical skills in cross-platform journalism production, editing, data analysis, publishing, entrepreneurship and multi-platform distribution
- Complete two degrees in just four years instead of six
- Graduate job-ready for a dynamic, fast-paced communications and media industry
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Digital Media
- Public Relations
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 059200E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Music (Honours) / Science at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Music (Honours) / Education (Secondary) at The University of Queensland