Master of Social and Community Leadership
This master's degree is designed with curious and committed practitioners in mind. Build skills and knowledge to advance your practice, as well as social and community change.
The program is grounded within a strong social justice framework. You will develop advanced skills and approaches in leadership, innovation, program design implementation, and evaluation. These will help you to lead, innovate and evaluate for social change.
This 180-point program is flexibly designed to suit those working full-time or part-time in community, government, not-for-profit, and social good sectors, as well as graduates from a range of disciplines.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are various career opportunities available based on prior experience, expertise and elective specialisation within the MSCL. Common themes include leadership, project management, research, evaluation, programme design, social innovation and development, consultation, policy development, social change, community and health development.
Jobs related to this programme
- Community and social organisation leader
- Community developer and designer
- Learning designer
- Policy analyst
- Programme designer/project manager
- Social and community educator
- Social and community facilitator/advocate
- Social innovator/consultant
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland
- Master of Counselling at University of Auckland