Artificial Intelligence MSc
This MSc is taught at the UK's longest established centre for artificial intelligence, which remains one of the best in the world.
Many of your courses will be taught by internationally known researchers spanning a wide range of areas in artificial intelligence and also drawing on research in related fields such as neuroscience, cognitive science, linguistics, and mathematics. We aim to give you the fundamental knowledge and practical skills needed to design, build, and apply AI systems in your chosen area of specialisation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our students are well prepared for both employment and academic research. The emphasis is on practical techniques for the design and construction of intelligent systems, preparing graduates to work in a variety of specialisms, from fraud detection software to recommendation systems and assistive robots.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in informatics, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, computer science, electrical engineering, linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, physics or psychology.
Entry to this programme is competitive. A typical offer will normally require a UK first class honours degree.
Competence in programming is essential. During your degree you must have completed a programming course in at least one of the following: C/C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab, Haskell, ML.
During your degree you must have completed the equivalent to 60 credits of mathematics that have typically covered the following subjects/topics: calculus (differentiation and integration), linear algebra (vectors and multi-dimensional matrices), discrete mathematics and mathematical reasoning (e.g. induction and reasoning, graph theoretic models, proofs), and probability (concepts in discrete and continuous probabilities, Markov chains etc.) Prior knowledge of probability concepts is especially important for this degree.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Structural and Fire Safety Engineering MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Landscape Architecture MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Landscape Architecture MLA at The University of Edinburgh
- International Master of Science in Fire Safety Engineering MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Integrated Micro and Nano Systems (IMNS) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Informatics: IPAB: Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Animation MScR at The University of Edinburgh