Master of Strategic Communication
The Master of Strategic Communication provides advanced study in public communication practices. It is relevant for graduates seeking a career in corporate, government, political, health, organisational or marketing communication, advertising, or public relations and for communication professionals seeking to advance their career to senior level. The course includes theoretical and practical perspectives on up-to-date issues such as audience insights through ethical data collection and analysis, digital media communication, and strategic communication informed by research and evaluation.
The world of public communication is changing rapidly through digitalisation, 'big data' analysis, new platforms and channels, and shifting attitudes and concerns. These are leading to changing practices and challenges, and new ethical concerns. The UTS Master of Strategic Communication is based on the latest research and is taught by a combination of senior academic researchers and leading industry professionals.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of this course are equipped to work in senior roles in corporate, government, political, organisational or marketing communication, advertising, public relations or integrated communication, including positions related to marketing and promotion, stakeholder engagement, employee communication, health, community relations, media relations, and public affairs.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
For applicants with a bachelor's degree:
- the degree must be in field of education, management and commerce, society and culture (e.g. Bachelor of Arts), or creative arts
- if the degree is not in the field of education, management and commerce, society and culture, or creative arts, applicants must have a minimum of two years' related professional work experience. Employment experience is assessed according to the response provided by applicants via the employment question on their UTS e-application.
For applicants with a master's, graduate diploma or graduate certificate qualification, the qualification can be in any field of study.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 098387K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Advanced Journalism (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Animation and Visualisation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)