Graduate Diploma in Psychology
Are you interested in studying psychology, but have already completed a Bachelor's degree in other subject areas? The Graduate Diploma in Psychology (GradDipPsych) provides an effective means of getting an accredited undergraduate major in psychology to satisfy a personal interest or in order to pursue subsequent studies in psychology in the fourth year and beyond for academic or professional reasons. With no former university units in psychology, this degree involves 10 units that can be completed in a minimum of 1 year (if study commences in Trimester 3 and finishes in Trimester 2 of the following year). If an applicant has already completed Introductory Psychology units in a previous degree then they only need to undertake 8 post-introductory units; which can be completed within two trimesters full-time. Advanced standing on up to fifty percent (50%) of the units in this course is available.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our Graduate Diploma in Psychology is the next step towards further studies in psychology. Alternatively, you can choose to apply your skills and knowledge to a career in one of the many fields in which an understanding of human behavior is beneficial. This includes roles in the public, private, and non-profit sectors where you are required to interact with people or provide services and care for others.
The Graduate Careers Council of Australia reports strong demand in Australia for people with psychology qualifications. Some of the wide-ranging career pathways that you could consider include:
- further fourth-year study in psychology
- family services and support work
- youth justice or youth support work
- learning support worker
- human resources
- management roles in health and social care.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in any discipline; or
- (b) if no bachelor qualification, hold an AQF Level 8 or higher qualification in any discipline (applications made under rule (b) will be assessed by the Course Coordinator for eligibility).
- Course Code: 073213E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Science at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Planning and Management of Natural Hazards at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Disability Practice at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Data Science at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Science at University of New England