East Asian Religions and Cultures and Thai Studies BA
This course is for September 2020 entry only.
This degree will allow you to become proficient in Thai as well as gaining in-depth insights into Thailand’s unique culture, history and society and more broadly the religious and philosophical traditions of East Asia, their cultural and historical context.
You’ll study Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto, Confucianism, different forms of folk religion as well as Christianity and Islam, using approaches from a wide range of disciplines. Optional modules allow you to focus on topics that interest you, from Hindu traditions to religion and global development.
Thai Studies is a fantastic opportunity to become proficient in Thai language while developing an understanding of the politics, society and culture of a fast-growing and vibrant country. Core modules will develop your language skills and introduce you to the nation’s history.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds