Molecular, Cellular, and Organismal Biology (MCOB), PhD
The molecular, cellular, and organismal biology (MCOB) track of the Biology PhD Program is an interdisciplinary, integrative biology program that integrates basic research in cellular, molecular and organismal biology of bacteria, plants, invertebrates, and mammals. Students may choose to concentrate in one or more of these areas: bioremediation, molecular biology and cellular biology, defense mechanisms, developmental biology, genetics, molecular ecology, organismal physiology, molecular evolution, environmental monitoring, bioinformatics, and reproductive biology. You'll also study bacteriology, microbiology, proteomics, plant molecular biology, and systems biology. With the help of a faculty advisor, a cohesive course of study is designed from among a wide variety of research and study interests of MCOB faculty.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
Bachelor's Degree Equivalency
International applicants must submit evidence that they have completed the equivalent of a regionally accredited, U.S. university-level Bachelor's degree program. Acceptable documents can include official copies of diplomas, certified final degree certificates, and notation on the final transcript of degree and date awarded. Most international 4-year degrees are recognized as being equivalent. Most international 3-year degrees, including the Indian Bachelor of Arts, Sciences, and Commerce degrees, are not considered to be equivalent.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- School Psychology PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Nursing PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Integrative Biosciences (IB), PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Gerontology, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Environmental Sciences, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Environmental Biology, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston