Bachelor of Applied Public Health / Bachelor of Business Administration
The Bachelor of Applied Public Health provides students with the knowledge and skills to contribute to a healthier Australian society. Public Health is about preventing illness in populations and developing programs and practices that promote better health in individuals and communities. Public Health practitioners must understand both recent developments in scientific research and the ways in which this research can influence government policy. This degree is ideal for students who are enthusiastic about making a difference to the health of people through communication and leadership, and learning about the impact of individual lifestyle choices and intergenerational effects on health.
Specifically, the course aims to:
- Prepare graduates to apply best evidence, sound judgement and strategy to public health problems
- Develop skills in project management, communication, population-level monitoring, personal leadership and performance accountability necessary to be effective in public health
- Inspire students through high-quality industry and service placements
- Foster in students the importance of professional excellence and accountability
- Prepare graduates for a successful entry into the public health workforce
- Foster a lifelong commitment to effective health promotion and illness prevention
- Combine compassion for social justice with knowledge and skills in evidence-based solutions for disadvantaged communities and individuals
The Bachelor of Business Administration is a general business degree without specialisation in a particular subject area. The course is structured around 8 core units which are common to other undergraduate business courses and a further 4 units that will build your business knowledge in areas such as human resource management, marketing and management.
Combining the Bachelor of Applied Public Health with the Bachelor of Business Administration will enable graduates to utilise their knowledge and skill in industry, the public service or in small business enterprises.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the Bachelor of Applied Public Health/ Bachelor of Business Administration will be eligible to work in the following areas;
- Social and community planning in local government
- Advocacy and policy in health-related non-government organisations and charities
- Public health/health promotion officers
- Government policy roles including health departments, human services and strategic policy units
- Australian National Preventive Health Agency
- Medicare Locals and other primary health and community health agencies
- Human services interacting with health services
- Small and medium-sized businesses.
Pathways to further study
Bachelor degree graduates may be eligible to progress to honours study in the Bachelor of Applied Public Health (Honours). The Honours year is available to meritorious students, with a minimum grade point average of 5.50 who meet the admission requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Public Health (Honours).
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National
Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.5 in speaking and writing, and 6.0 in listening and reading).
- Course Code: 095923D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)