Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours)
Develop specialised competence and expertise, advance the boundaries of human knowledge and become the leader you want to be.
During this program you'll undertake coursework in small, supportive groups, which facilitate more in-depth class discussions. You'll collaborate closely with your fellow students and learn from internationally respected researchers and academics who'll guide your studies and advance your skills through individual mentoring.
Research plays an important role in improving the safety and quality of care, so during your honours year you’ll deepen your knowledge of midwifery practice by studying research methods and writing your concluding thesis.
Your thesis may be publishable and make a significant contribution to the field, which means your research might establish your professional reputation and act as a gateway to future jobs possibilities.
Also, if you're currently working in health, the honours year in midwifery is available part-time so you can keep up with your personal or professional responsibilities.
Graduates have gone on to fulfil significant roles in a range of different public and private healthcare services, maternity and neonatal care settings, teaching and research centres, rural and remote health clinics, and aid organisations.
- Learn how to plan and conduct research that addresses a scientific research question in this one-year program.
- Push the boundaries of your discipline as you develop your skills in critical and analytical thinking, research, writing and problem-solving.
- Develop your research abilities through individual mentoring with renowned researchers who'll share their wealth of experience.
- Graduate with a respected honours qualification that will set you apart in the career market, prove your leadership worth and provide a pathway to future research or learning.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082963C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland