Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours)
The Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) program that allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest and their research skills. Honours programs are available in Mathematics and Statistics and are considered pathways to enhanced career prospects in business and industry as well as a Research Higher Degree.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Strong conceptual, theoretical and analytical skills in mathematics/statistics.
- Using mathematical/statistical ideas, techniques and technologies to formulate and solve problems which arise from within or outside the discipline.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, ability to present clear and systematic reasoning in an appropriate form, written, verbal and/or visual.
- Capacity to work autonomously and with others in a research environment in preparation for a subsequent career in research, business or industry.
- Awareness of the ethical, social, international and professional practice in mathematical and statistical research and their applications in business and industry.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Supervision from a discipline academic must be sought before submitting your application.
To be admitted into the program applicants must have completed the Bachelor of Mathematics or another cognate degree with a minimum GPA of 5.0 in:
- all studies undertaken in the program; or
- across a major in the proposed discipline of study; or
- across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances the above requirements may be varied with permission of the PVC upon the recommendation of the Head of School.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 000628G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle