Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Complement your creative and entrepreneurial skills with core business knowledge for a competitive professional advantage.
- Complete 2 separate degrees in 4 years full-time.
- Combine your creative industries major with a major in accountancy, advertising, economics, finance, financial planning, human resource management, international business, management, marketing, or public relations.
- Develop your creative thinking and innovation, and project management skills.
- Learn through industry partnerships and networking, and interdisciplinary work.
Why choose this course?
Equip yourself for an inspiring career in the growth and development of creative industries.
Creative businesses continue to establish themselves worldwide, so not only will you be able to use this degree globally, but your combined skills and knowledge will also enhance your value to traditional as well as creative businesses.
The first degree of its kind, our Bachelor of Creative Industries (BCI) allows you to develop your own creative niche by providing diverse knowledge, creativity, and practical skills across a range of selected creative disciplines.
Learn entrepreneurial and digital skills, take on real industry challenges through work-integrated learning opportunities, and establish links to creative start-ups.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
Graduates work in a diverse range of interesting careers, taking on positions such as:
- entertainment industries producer
- events manager
- creative entrepreneur
- social media marketer
- entertainment marketing professional.
Career outcomes will depend largely on the choice of major or specialization undertaken.
- Advertising and New Media Professional
- Banking and Finance Professional
- Branding Specialist
- Campaign Manager
- Communication Specialist
- Creative Entrepreneur
- Creative Writer
- Digital Communication Specialist
- Digital Content Producer
- Drama Teacher
- Entertainment Entrepreneur
- Events and Festivals Coordinator
- Fashion Marketer
- Film/Television Producer
- Graphic Designer
- Human Resource Developer
- Human Resource Manager
- Information Officer
- International Business Specialist
- Internet Professional
- Market Research Manager
- Marketing Officer/Manager
- Media Producer
- Multimedia Designer
- Music Agent/Manager
- Music Publisher
- Organizational Communication Specialist
- Policy Officer
- Post-production specialist
- Public Relations Officer/Consultant
- Stage Manager
- Theatre Professionals
- Web Designer
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Course Code: 059596B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Business at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Public Relations) at Queensland University of Technology