Master of Pharmacy (International)
The Master of Pharmacy (International) is an accredited three-year, graduate-entry degree leading to eligibility for registration as a pharmacist. The course is an Australian-first, extending the Master of Pharmacy ( C04252 ) program to include a one-year overseas clinical placement. This allows students to expand their knowledge even further, gaining practice-based experience of pharmacy in a global context and an understanding of the international factors that influence pharmacy practice and health care provision.
Overseas clinical placements include those in Asia, Canada, Europe, South America or the USA. Language and culture subjects cater to both beginners and students with prior language knowledge. The course is innovative and practicebased in approach, building on students' strong scientific foundation to provide specialist, comprehensive knowledge relevant to contemporary pharmacy practice. In addition to the pharmaceutical sciences, this includes professional pharmacy services, integrated therapeutics and the unique capstone subject, 96014 Molecule to Market, led by industry leader Adjunct Professor John Montgomery. Two elective subjects provide students with the opportunity to individualise their studies with their choice of any available postgraduate subject offered at UTS.
Developed by leading pharmacy academics and our expert educational designer, the course's subject matter is delivered in an integrated, student-focused manner, making use of cutting-edge technologies and strong links with the pharmacy profession . Expert guest lecturers and practitioner teachers are utilised throughout the course to ensure relevance and real-world application of content
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include: community pharmacy; professional pharmacy services; hospital pharmacy; drug research, design and development; professional roles in pharmaceutical industry; primary health care; consultancy; education; government and policy; the armed forces; and non-profit organisations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree,
- an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Professional and clinical requirements
All successful applicants are required to:
- acquire a Working With Children Check(Blue card mandator) and an Australian National Police Check.
- complete a series of NSW Health forms including a Code of Conduct, and
- demonstrate evidence of protection against a number of specified infectious diseases.
Upon completion of this degree, graduates must complete a compulsory pre-registration training period and Intern Training Program in order to be eligible for registration as a pharmacist in Australia. Applicants who have already completed a pharmacy degree overseas are also required to submit a personal statement stating their motivation for wanting to repeat a pharmacy qualification.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: minimum 7.0 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in each subtest;
- TOEFL: internet based: minimum 94 overall with a minimum score of 24 for reading and listening, 23 for speaking and 27 for writing;
- PTE: Academic: minimum 65 overall with a minimum score of 65 in each subtest;
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 098389G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Mathematics and Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Indigenous Health (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech and Language Sciences (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Transdisciplinary Innovation (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech Pathology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Medical Biotechnology (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)