Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Social Science
What is the BA (Hons) in Social Science Course?
The BA (Hons) Social Science is a multi-disciplinary three-year course. In times of rapid social and economic change, this programme offers students the opportunity to understand and critically analyse contemporary Irish society and Ireland’s place in an increasingly globalised world.
This course draws on core Social Science disciplines such as; Social Policy, Sociology, Psychology, Economics and Politics, with an emphasis on Social Research and Social Studies in Context.
The implications of and responses to social problems for marginalised and vulnerable members of society are central to this programme.
Special Feature of BA (Hons) in Social Science Course
Students are offered an opportunity to take elective modules in Semesters, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students may select from a wide range of modules such as (but not limited to) Personal & Professional Development; Social Care, Organisational Studies. Probation, Policing and the Police, and Sociology of Deviance.
If you are open-minded, interested in tackling some of the key issues of our time, and want to develop skills to think differently about and understand our complex world – then Social Science is for you!
The programme is structured to provide students with the opportunity to gain a solid academic foundation in a range of related disciplines. The programme is also structured to enable students to develop their critical understanding of the applied nature of social science, and the importance of social research in critical inquiry and analysis of contemporary society.
The programme emphasises the importance of inter-disciplinarity. These pillars of learning (theory, application, research and integration) are the focus of this programme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD187
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology