Chinese and Russian B BA
China plays an important role on the global stage and is one of the world’s largest economies. This degree combines core and optional modules allowing you to become proficient in a major world language while gaining a broader understanding of the history and culture of China and East Asia as a whole. We teach Chinese from beginners’ level, but if you already have some knowledge of the subject we can normally accommodate you.
If you have little or no knowledge of Russian, this degree will allow you to learn the language from scratch and introduce you to various aspects of Russian culture, history and politics. Core modules will develop your speaking, reading, listening and writing skills and you’ll spend your second year studying in Russia refine your language skills. You’ll also be introduced to Russian culture and literature and choose from a wide range of optional modules exploring topics that suit your interests.
A combination of core and optional modules will give you a firm grounding in both languages while you study the topics that suit your interests including history and culture of China and East Asia, Sino-Japanese relations. Dostoevsky or the language of the Russian media.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds