Ph.D. in Business Administration
The Ph.D. can be completed on a full- or part-time basis. The expectation is that full-time students will finish the program within four years, while part-time students will require no more than seven years. In line with those expectations, the program will be delivered year-round in three sessions. Fall and spring sessions will begin with the traditional semesters and the summer session will begin one to two weeks after the conclusion of the spring session. New cohorts are accepted every other year and start in the fall of odd-numbered years.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission into the program is highly competitive. The following criteria must be met prior to consideration. Waivers are granted only by the written approval of the Ph.D. program director.
- Graduate of an accredited U.S. college or university or an approved foreign equivalent institution.
- Earned grade point averages of 3.0 or better in all prior undergraduate and graduate studies.
- A minimum of four years of full-time relevant work experience is preferred.
- Satisfactory GMAT or GRE took within the last ten years.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL score report with a minimum score of 100 (internet-based) or an IELTS band score of 7.5.
The faculty admissions committee will review all of the above materials in a portfolio approach. In addition, students are expected to have successfully demonstrated graduate-level knowledge in seven functional areas: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, MIS, Operations Management, and Strategic Management. Additionally, they will demonstrate undergraduate competency in Calculus, Statistics, and Micro/Macro Economics. Students without such knowledge will be required to take the appropriate course or denied consideration.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Ph.D. in Marketing: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Management Science: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Leadership in Education at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Leadership & Organizational Studies: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Finance: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell