Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Information Technology
This new double degree will present opportunities for students in the evolving field of legislative responses to information technology innovation and the growth of information systems for legal decision making and procedures.
The Information Technology degree focuses on the application of computer-based technologies and systems to meet individual and organizational information needs. It enables students to gain the knowledge and skills needed to use IT effectively and to use, develop, and manage IT-based systems.
The Law degree provides students with a solid foundation in the concepts, procedures and reasoning underpinning the Australian legal system and the research, analytical, and communication skills of the legal profession.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Current job opportunities
Lecturer (School of Psychology) -
In this role, you will be closely involved in the clinical supervision of Doctorate of Psychology (Clinical) candidates on placement at the Monash Psychology Centre (MPC) and involved in the administration of external placements, including facilitation of mid-placement reviews. You will also contribute to clinical teaching in the Doctorate of Psychology (Clinical) program, including assessment in the Objective Structured Clinical Examinations.
You will also be expected to bring your clinical experience and passion for training the next generation of clinical psychologists at Monash University. You will be centrally involved in the delivery of the Doctorate of Psychology (Clinical) program, support the operation of specialty clinics at MPC, and be a valued contributor to the clinical team. The opportunity to see clients within the MPC to maintain active clinical practice and access to peer supervision networks at the MPC will also be available.
Coursework Scholarships Manager -
The Coursework Scholarships Manager plays a key role in managing all aspects of coursework scholarship administration within Student and Education Business Services to ensure the alignment of policies and institutional strategic goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for the coursework scholarship budget and targets, timely selection and accurate offering of scholarships, meeting reporting requirements, and implementing continuous process and system improvements. Your communication and negotiation expertise is required for stakeholder engagement and team leadership.
Executive Assistant (Australian Centre for Financial Studies) -
The Monash Business School is seeking an Executive Assistant to join a highly motivated team within the Australian Centre for Financial Studies. ACFS is an independent research center that brings together industry, government, and academia to provide thought leadership on issues of concern for the financial sector and the broader community. Your expertise is required to provide a range of professional administrative support services to the Executive Director, Australian Centre for Financial Studies, and to the broader team.
Research Fellow (Inflammatory Diseases) -
A Research Fellow in this new project will be required to characterize and validate a glucocorticoid-induced transcriptional regulator as a potential alternative to glucocorticoids (steroids) for the treatment of autoimmune diseases.
The project will identify gene targets of the regulator in mouse and human B lymphocytes using ChIP-seq and RNA-seq technology and will involve testing the ability of the regulator to ameliorate the behaviors of B cells that contribute to autoantibody-mediated autoimmune diseases.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 35 in English (EAL) or 30in English other than EAL
- Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: any Mathematics.
- At least 5 English SL or 4 in English HL or 6 English B SL or 5 in English B HL.
- At least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL.
- Course Code: 097661E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Music at Monash University