Educational Psychology MSc
This course is the first stage in training to become an educational psychologist.
The Scottish Government and Scottish local authorities have agreed a partnership funding approach which means that you will receive a grant covering training fees and living costs.
You will learn how to apply psychology in practice to work with children and young people, parents, teachers, carers, and other professionals.
You will also learn how to enhance effective learning, promote well-being, positive social, emotional and behavioural development, encourage co-operative problem solving, and support inclusion for all.
During the course you will take part in two practical placements, while also exploring:
- child and adolescent development
- assessment and intervention - individual and systemic
- contexts and systems in which children and young people develop and learn
- research and evaluation methods
- transferable interpersonal and professional skills
Arranged by us, the placements will take place within local authority psychological services throughout Scotland. As far as possible we aim that your placement will be no more than one and a half hours travel time from your home address.
Once you have successfully completed this course you will go on to a further year of supervised practice in an accredited local authority psychological service.
This will lead to you gaining the Qualification in Educational Psychology (Scotland) (Stage 2), and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
The main campus of the university is located in Dundee's West End which contains many of the university's teaching and research facilities; the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee Law School and the Dundee Dental Hospital and School.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The University of Dundee Careers Service is a team of trained and dedicated professionals who are here to help and support the career development of all our students, graduates and staff. Careers Service exists to empower individuals to develop their potential and take confident informed steps towards their future.
All Careers Service appointments and Quick Queries are currently being delivered online.
- We have several resources available for you depending on the nature of your query.
- For quick careers related question you can book a 15 min Quick Query appointment through the Careers Portal. Log in with your university username and password.
- For review of CVs or applications email us through the Ask a Question tab in the Careers Portal. For information on CVs, applications and job interviews
- You can book a longer 30 minute online appointment with an Adviser through the Careers Portal.
Explore career ideas, opportunities with your degree, further study and international options
Develop your employability skills, CV/cover letter and application form writing, networking and interview skills
Connect with employers, job and internship opportunities, volunteering options and your Careers Service
Ask a Careers Adviser
Find out how to book an appointment, drop-in to speak to a careers adviser and get advice online
Develop your skills, get recognition and communicate your achievements – get involved with our skills award programmes
Careers During Covid Times
Proactive and productive ways to help boost your employability during Covid-times
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course completing (Bachelors level or above)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s degree with 55% or above considered from University of Delhi, University of Mumbai, University of Calcutta, IITs and IIMs (considered equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree)
Bachelor’s degree with 60% or above required from other institutions (considered equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree)
A Bachelor’s degree with 50% or above may be considered comparable to a UK 2.2 degree.
Law applicants from other well-ranked institutions may be considered with 55% or above
The normal entry requirement is a four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in a discipline that provides a suitable basis for the course, e.g. biomedical, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering, physics, or mathematics. Students with other academic backgrounds or exceptional work experience in the chosen field should contact the Course Director to make further inquiries and to discuss their individual cases.
English language requirements
- IELTS (overall) 6.0
- Reading 5.5
- Listening 5.5
- Speaking 5.5
- Writing 5.5
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Sustainability: Climate Change and the Green Economy MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and Water Security MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and the Just Transition to a Low Carbon Economy MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and Renewables MSc at University of Dundee
- Sustainability and Environmental Modelling MSc at University of Dundee
- Sports Biomechanics & Rehabilitation MRes at University of Dundee