Master of Engineering
Discover the latest developments in the field of engineering and research a topic of your interest with the Master of Engineering. Complete either a thesis or a research project in engineering.
The Master of Engineering is designed to help you develop your research skills and enhance your knowledge in the field of engineering. There are two pathways: Research (includes a thesis), or Coursework (includes a research project).
We’re proud to be home to a number of internationally renowned research institutes and centers, and many of our students complete their research project in collaboration with these well-known research entities. AUT's expertise in engineering ranges from telecommunications to materials and manufacturing technologies, and from industrial optimization to engines and vehicles.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Engineering and general management
- Industrial research roles across a variety of sectors
- Opportunities to become a researcher in higher education establishments
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Must have completed one of the following with a B grade average or higher, or equivalent:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)¹
- Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering¹
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology including the paper ENGE601²
1. You can study the 120-point (one-year full-time) Master of Engineering.
2. Applicants with a three-year engineering degree will be enrolled in the 180-point Master of Engineering.
Applicants must normally have completed an advanced level of calculus at least equivalent to NZQF Level 6.
Applicants to the research pathway are also required to submit a Postgraduate Research Proposal (PGR1 form) before enrolling in the thesis.
- Course Code: AK1325
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Architecture (Professional) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Engineering Project Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of IT Project Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Construction Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Creative Technologies at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Computer and Information Sciences at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)