Doctor of Business Administration
The University of Notre Dame Australia is dedicated to building a strong and innovative research culture. The Doctor of Business Administration is an applied three-year or equivalent program leading to a thesis of approximately 80,000 words in length. Your thesis should bridge the theory-practice gap and make a practical contribution to a specific area of business administration and professional knowledge, as well as make a contribution to current scholarship.
About this program
The Professional Doctorate is a research degree designed to meet the needs of professionals who aspire to achieve academic excellence and lead the development of knowledge within their profession. The program seeks to examine crucial professional topics and integrate professional experience with scholarly inquiry. In particular, it aims to generate a research-based approach, providing answers to questions relevant to the professions or industry and encouraging a systematic way of collecting, analysing and interpreting data. For this reason, we recommend you seek the support of a relevant professional body, employer or industry group in defining your research area.
Our Sydney Campus is based across two sites – Broadway and Darlinghurst – both located in the vibrant social hub of the harbour city. The Broadway site is at the heart of Sydney’s uni precinct, a short walk from Central Station and close to Darling Harbour. Darlinghurst is situated to the east of the CBD, nestled in Sydney’s shopping and cafe district.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria apply to students seeking admission to the Professional Doctorate program:
- The Pro Vice Chancellor - Research, on the advice of the Dean of the School, determines admission to the Doctor of Business Administration Award.
- Applicants to the Doctor of Business Administration Award are expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Possession of a research Masters degree by thesis or dissertation appropriate to the professional field of the applicant; or
- Possession of a Masters degree by coursework appropriate to the professional field of the applicant completed at a superior standard; or
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree with Honours (typically 1st Class or Class 2A Honours level or equivalent); or
- Possession of a Master of Philosophy; or
- In exceptional circumstances, an equivalent academic or professional background that is considered by the Dean of the School to be an appropriate preparation for independent study and research work at Doctoral level.
- An applicant may be required to satisfy the Dean of the School of the ability to understand and communicate in both written and spoken English at a level adequate for the purpose of pursuing the program of study.
- In addition to the academic criteria listed above, applicants are normally expected to satisfy the following:
- have a minimum of 3 years of relevant professional practice;
- have the support of an industry or professional mentor.
You may be required to demonstrate an ability to understand and communicate in both written and spoken English at a level adequate for the purpose of pursuing the program of study.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 040396K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A