Designed to offer postgraduate education to nurses in a range of clinical environments and geographical settings, this course is ideal for UK based and international nurses to develop personally and professionally.
You will develop your ways of thinking, helping you to become an independent learner who thinks creatively to solve problems using evidence-based approaches, including critical reflection, application of theory, and critical appraisal.
You'll learn about researching, appraising, and applying evidence and how these concepts can be used in your professional practice. This will help to develop your confidence to critically analyse the research process and to then use this to influence practice.
The course is flexible and will allow you to tailor your own needs. You can choose from a range of areas to suit your interests, such as:
- the relationship between risk management and patient safety
- the assessment, care and management of acutely or critically ill adults
- understanding of organisational culture and a range of leadership models and theories
- the prevention, diagnosis and management of long term conditions including acute presentations
This course is offered on a part-time basis and delivered through online distance learning. A small number of modules are also delivered partly face-to-face for locally based students.
The main campus of the university is located in Dundee's West End which contains many of the university's teaching and research facilities; the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee Law School and the Dundee Dental Hospital and School.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
On completion of this course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to develop as a leader in a changing healthcare landscape. Graduates of the course go into specialist roles, management, and nurse education.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
We operate a flexible Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) system by which students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry. We recognise that students applying for this course may have acquired significant learning from previous educational and life/work experience. We can offer potential students the opportunity of having such learning assessed for credit. This credit would go towards your application for this course.
English language requirements
- IELTS (overall) 6.5
- Reading 6.0
- Listening 6.0
- Speaking 6.0
- Writing 6.0
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Distance Learning
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Nursing PGCert at University of Dundee
- Leadership in Healthcare PGDip at University of Dundee
- Leadership in Healthcare PGCert at University of Dundee
- Infection Prevention & Control PGDip at University of Dundee
- Infection Prevention & Control PGCert at University of Dundee
- Health Studies PGDip at University of Dundee