Master of Humanitarian and Development Studies
The only degree of its kind in Australia, the Master of Humanitarian and Development Studies responds to the need for qualified workers in disaster relief and development, in government and non-government agencies involved in humanitarian operations and development practice.
Humanitarian disasters will continue to occur around the world, and there is a continuous need for skilled humanitarian workers. Change makers like you are required to deliver specialist humanitarian aid relief to people dealing with disasters. That’s the focus of our new Master of Humanitarian and Development Studies. Offered from 2018, this course encompass both the aid and health sectors with a focus on rehabilitation and development. Through a mix of practical and theoretical learning you’ll gain an understanding of the complexity of development and see how humanitarian assistance works hand-in-hand with international development aid efforts. With the Master degree you’ll also gain a truly global point of view with international placement with one of our education partners. Mixing online and on campus learning, the Humanitarian and Development courses are available at a Master, Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate level. Tailored towards individual needs and interests, this degree is linked to the specific industry requirements of humanitarian and development practitioners.
Parramatta City Campus (Main Campus)
Our brand new Parramatta City campus is home to state-of-the-art learning facilities and unique study spaces. Gives you access to leaders in industry, community and government.
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a humanitarian and development studies graduate, you can look forward to career opportunities in:
- Humanitarian Relief
- Aid Development Programming
- Project Managing
- Disaster Relief Work
- Policy Development
- Yes, In Hawkesbury Campus and Penrith has 3 years, the Rest of all has 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Successful completion of a recognized** Bachelor degree equivalent to an Australian degree
**Please note that some degrees and awards are subject to an individual assessment.
- Course Code: 096600D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Philosophy (Laws) at Western Sydney University
- Master of Philosophy (Education) at Western Sydney University
- Master of Inclusive Education at Western Sydney University
- Master of International Criminology at Western Sydney University
- Master of Social Work (Qualifying) at Western Sydney University
- Master of Education (Leadership and Management) at Western Sydney University