Master of Higher Education
This program is designed to be taken part-time by those working in a learning and teaching role in the tertiary sector who would like to undertake research-informed and based study in higher education.
It provides a collegial, cross-disciplinary space for you to explore academic citizenship and learning and teaching and the higher education context, and to undertake a supervised higher education learning and teaching research project.
It aims to foster a higher-education community of practice among students through the use of active and peer learning, learning by teaching and collaborative learning activities and assessments, in order to enhance the standard and standing of tertiary learning and teaching at students’ institutions and beyond.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme offers a path beyond the Postgraduate Certificates in Academic Practice or Higher Education for those keen to further their understanding of higher education learning and teaching, and their higher education research capability. This qualification can also provide the foundations for doctoral study. A graduate of this programme would need to complete an additional 30-point-course (supervised research project) to apply for PhD study.
Jobs related to this programme
- Higher education or scholarship of teaching and learning researcher
- Learning and teaching leadership role (e.g., associate dean, head of school, team leader or course director)
- Tertiary learning adviser
- Tertiary/university lecturer
- Tertiary/university librarian
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland