Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Economics & Finance)
The Economics & Finance stream on the BBS (Hons) program provides students with the opportunity to specialize in Economics and Finance for the final two years of their degree, taking modules such as Financial Economics, Economic Policy Issues, and Investments. The stream provides students with skills that are hugely in demand in the marketplace and provides a great platform for postgraduate studies, with many past graduates undertaking the E&F stream of the MBS degree in WIT and several, have continued their studies and obtained a Ph.D. qualification. The stream applies economics and finance concepts to key contemporary issues such as Brexit, Cryptocurrencies, and economic crises, and students are given the opportunity of testing theories on real-world data.
The financial services sector is the largest employer of graduates from WIT’s business school. The sector is expanding rapidly and one-third of jobs are created outside of Dublin. Graduates of the stream have successfully obtained employment in some of the largest Financial Services firms in the world such as Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi, Bank of America, AIG, European Central Bank, OECD, PWC, and KPMG in the following areas/roles:
- Derivatives Trader
- Investment Analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Claims Analyst
- Relationship Banker
- Senior Custody Administrator
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD048
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Retail Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Business Information Systems at Waterford Institute of Technology