Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology - MGIT01
If you’re looking for an exceptional career in commerce and information technology (IT), then the UC Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Information Technology double degree offers the perfect platform from which to forge ahead with confidence.
An expansive course, covering both the technology and business sides of IT, and the banking, finance and accounting components of commerce, it will give you a portfolio of skills that will enable you to fluently engage in all aspects of banking, business and IT at the highest levels.
Available to study in two different locations – in Canberra and Melbourne – these courses are delivered flexibly, with a mixture of business hours and weekday evening study options.
Take a proactive approach to a career as an IT, or Finance and Banking specialist with this unique double degree and open a whole new world of incredible possibilities.
Study a Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Information Technology at UC and you will:
- develop knowledge, skills and understanding of the application of IT systems to their business environments, policies and management
- choose from a range of specialist majors including accounting, financial planning, economics and finance and banking
- become well-versed in subject areas including microeconomics, macroeconomics, international trade theory and econometrics
- refine your teamwork, project management and communication skills
- utilise discipline-specific technologies to analyse complex problems in a variety of contexts
- communicate clear, coherent and independent knowledge and ideas to a variety of stakeholders, addressing a diverse range of business/commerce problems
- evaluate the concepts and theories acquired in business economics.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A UC Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Information Technology (IT) double degree is an internationally recognised qualification that will give you the knowledge and skills to explore a variety of career pathways including:
- wealth manager
- business development manager
- business analyst
- project manager
- ICT consultant
- data scientist
- database administrator
- information security analyst
- cyber security specialist/forensics
- system architect/technical architect
- user interface designer
- artificial intelligence/machine learning engineer
- web/mobile app developer
- software engineer
- games developer
- robotics specialist
- system administrator
- digital marketing manager
- network administrator/engineer.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099004M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours) - 344JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - ETB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology - ITB101 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology - MGIT02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Design - 307JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Information Technology - 322AA at University of Canberra