Biochemistry (Undergraduate Certificate)
The Biochemistry Certificate provides students with a theoretical background in the biochemical sciences, and also with laboratory experiences that will equip them for research positions in academia or the private sector. Our biochemistry lab track of two courses exposes students to all aspects of classical and modern biochemical techniques. This includes the development of quantitative skills, an aspect often overlooked. In addition to having students experience a wide variety of laboratory techniques, we also expose students to (a) techniques that are on the "cutting edge" and just being implemented in private industry (e.g., green chemistry) and, (b) use of specialized equipment (HPLC, MS, NMR, etc.). Combined with the theoretical background provided in the lecture courses, students receive training that prepares them for post-baccalaureate careers in academia or industry.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD