Master of Strategic Supply Chain Management (Extension)
The ever-growing interest among business managers and academics in supply chains, the emergence of advanced service economies, connected information systems including disruptive technologies, cloud computing and data analytics, new management practices and approaches, and the pressure of global competition has placed a premium on those who have a broad understanding of how to plan and manage complex business operations and related processes. Further, in today's volatile environment, risk and complexity in supply chains have been major issues faced by industry which encourage businesses to engender a more organic capability to deal with unexpected disruptions. This course is designed to cater for the needs of those employed in all sectors of business and who seek advanced knowledge of supply chain networks, procurement strategies, operations and logistics management. The Master of Strategic Supply Chain Management (Extension) is designed for students who wish to gain significant insight and skills in these areas.
The additional subject choices this program provides include opportunity to specialise more deeply in the core strategic and tactical aspect of network and logistics network design, as well as the systematic application of improvement methodology within procurement and supply chain processes which help reduce variability and uncertainty through the supply chain, enabling better control of product and service quality. In addition to operations and supply chain management capabilities, students further enhance skills, professional practice, specialist knowledge and capabilities through better understanding of organisational and management practices and international contexts.
The course is designed to cater for the needs of those employed in all sectors of business.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include positions in operations and quality management, service and network management, supply chain management, risk and complexity management, and strategic procurement in any business sector.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 082831D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Sustainable Futures (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Project Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Marketing at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Advanced Master of Business Administration at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Business Analytics (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)