Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
Become a leader in your field, with specialist diagnostic and treatment skills to help individuals manage pain and participate in daily activities, mobility, fitness and sport.
Become qualified to assist people with a range of injuries and ailments – from office workers with stiff necks to people requiring rehabilitation after a life-altering event such as a stroke.
Learn how to care for those with musculoskeletal, neurological, respiratory and other conditions, using techniques to reduce pain, improve movement and restore muscle control for better mobility and function.
You'll study the theory and practice behind physiotherapy, including injury prevention, health promotion, clinical reasoning and diagnosis, therapeutic interventions, movement retraining, exercise prescription and optimising function to enhance the health of individuals.
You'll also undertake supervised clinical practice in a range of clinical settings that include hospitals, educational facilities, healthcare organisations, aged and community care, private practice and UQ’s Physiotherapy Clinics.
Join a long tradition of international leaders in physiotherapy teaching, research and graduate excellence at one of the largest schools for health and rehabilitation sciences in Australia.
- Build a strong knowledge foundation of applied study in medical science, physiotherapy science, anatomy, professional ethics, psychology and therapeutic exercise.
- Benefit from a diverse range of learning approaches, including lectures and assignments, seminars, skill-teaching sessions, practical classes and supervised clinical practice.
- Participate in an extensive, award-winning simulated patient program in the school’s hospital simulation ward and the UQ Physiotherapy Clinics.
- Graduate with a highly respected honours qualification, with advanced knowledge and skills that will set you apart in a competitive job market and provide a pathway to future research and learning.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Occupational therapist
- Rehabilitation therapist
- Community physiotherapist
- Sports physiotherapist
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082622B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland