Bachelor of Youth Work
Youth Work is an exciting and challenging career involving working for and with young people in a variety of fun and rewarding ways. The key thing that differentiates youth workers from other community service workers is that young people are their primary concern. Youth work acknowledges the social and cultural environments within which young people live and helps foster young people's emotional and social development.
In addition to the specified youth work units, students study sociology and choose electives from the broad suite of offerings in the Bachelor of Arts. Students will receive valuable practical experience in working with young people, in addition to the theoretical insights and practical competencies needed for dealing with the needs, problems and aspirations of young people.
Our graduates are employed in local government, welfare services, youth justice, educational institutions, substance abuse and homelessness agencies.
The Bachelor of Youth Work responds to community need for highly trained and skilled youth workers to meet the needs of young people in a range of public and community-based settings.
Students will qualify to:
- function as team members in the delivery of youth services
- carry out research and policy development
- develop effective prevention and intervention strategies to understand the issues confronting young people and youth workers.
- work with young people at both group and individual levels
- be academically and ethically competent in the discipline.
Students will receive valuable practical experience in working with young people in agencies, in addition to the theoretical insights and practical competencies needed for enabling creative roles in dealing with the needs, problems and aspirations of young people.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This is the basic degree qualification for youth work in Australia and prepares graduates for a range of positions in Youth Work and community work with young people. The course provides graduates with skills relevant to many different youth services and prepares them for careers in leadership positions in professional youth work and in youth services in Local Government, in education, in State and Federal Government and in the non-for-profits sectors.
Youth Worker, Youth Support Worker, Youth and Community Worker, Community Education Worker, Youth Development Officer, Youth Officer, Local Government Youth Officer, Youth Activities Officer, School Retention and Participation Officer, Youth Welfare Worker, Youth Liaison Worker, Youth and Family Mediation, Youth Health Educator, Youth Policy Officer, Youth Outreach Worker, Youth counsellor, Youth Engagement Worker
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- Overall score of 6.0. Individual score of 6.0 in writing and speaking, and 5.5 in listening and reading.
- Course Code: 084316G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)