Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
Take a leading role in exciting, large-scale building construction with VU's Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours).
In our honours construction-management degree, you’ll learn all the skills needed to manage residential, commercial and industrial projects. You’ll gain valuable expertise in the various areas of large-scale building and civil-engineering projects.
Your expertise will let you undertake roles overseeing the building process, from design to development, construction and operation.
You’ll graduate with skills in:
- project planning
- cost and quality management
- construction techniques and materials
- building law
- building codes
- industrial relations
- personnel management.
Our industry contacts and our focus on real-world experience ensure you’re job-ready when you graduate. Construction management is a growing profession, and your qualifications will be highly useful and in-demand.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
On completing Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours), possible job opportunities include:
- construction manager
- project manager
- quantity surveyor
- building technician
- building surveyor
- building contractor
- contract administrator
- facilities manager
- property developer.
Graduates have a wide range of employment opportunities in the private and public sectors, working for:
- building proprietors
- government bodies
- consultancy practices
- self-employed entrepreneurs.
You’ll also have skills and knowledge that can be applied in other industries such as mining, petrochemicals and infrastructure development.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 096487M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University