MBBS in Medicine
Queen Mary University of London's Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry is one of the oldest medical schools in the UK. We draw on our long experience to provide the best in modern medical training, with high-tech teaching facilities, and aim to prepare you for life as a qualified doctor.
Our strong core curriculum will equip you with clinical, communication, observation, teamwork and management skills. The curriculum is underpinned by research, linking your learning to the work of the faculty, from the laboratory bench to new drugs to public health interventions.
With less emphasis on traditional lectures, problem-based learning in small groups encourages you to take an independent approach to clinical scenarios. You’ll start seeing patients from your very first term, and progress to hospital and community placements.
You can follow your own interests by choosing student-selected components, from basic sciences to clinical specialities, community and public health, medical ethics and law.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The services we offer to support your career development include:
- one-to-one appointments to help you with your career direction, give feedback on job applications, offer insight into the job market and prepare you for interviews
- workshops to support your career development and job hunting
- employer events attracting recruiters and alumni from a rich range of sectors
- support for finding internships and parttime jobs
- specialist careers consultants to support PhD students through appointments, events and workshops.
Support for international students
- We offer a programme of support for international students throughout the year, which involves talks on how to find graduate work in the UK and an International Students Week featuring external speakers.
- Students can search for jobs across the world with our international jobs database, as well as browse our guides on getting work in particular markets.
- All students have access to a rich programme of employer events and career development workshops, running across the University year.
Support after graduation
Our careers support continues after you leave Queen Mary.
- All graduates have access to our Careers and Enterprise services for two years after graduation.
- You can have -
free one-to-one appointments in person, over the phone or via Skype
Attend our employer events
use our online psychometric testing and mock-interview software
access our jobs board – over 3,000 employers uploaded vacancies in 2018/19.
Queen Mary graduates have gone on to work in these organisations:
• Accenture • Allen & Overy • Arup • AstraZeneca • Baker McKenzie • Barts Health NHS Trust • European Central Bank • Fintech Innovation Lab • Google • HSBC • IBM • Institute of Cancer Research • Institute of Dentistry • J.P. Morgan • Jaguar Land Rover • Lloyds Banking Group • Natural History Museum • Penguin • PwC • Queen Mary • Save the Children • Shell • Stella McCartney • Thales • Thomson Reuters • World Economic Forum ...and many more!
93% of our postgraduates are in work and/or study six months after graduation. 84% of those in work/study are in highly skilled work/study (most recent DLHE Survey of 16/17 leavers)*
Many students and graduates across Queen Mary start or grow their own business or social venture each year. In 2018/19, Queen Mary gave out £45,000 in seed funding to help students start new, or grow existing businesse
- 2 Years PSW is applicable after the course completing (Bachelors level or above).
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Third decile or above.
A*AA (results must be achieved in one sitting over a study period of no longer than two years)
Must include Biology or Chemistry, and a second science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics)
38 points overall with 666 in Higher Level subjects.
Must include Biology or Chemistry and a second science subject or Mathematics
BTEC qualifications are not considered for entry to this programme.
2:1 or above in any subject (achieved or predicted) with supporting science qualifications where necessary. Please see our degree title checker for subject specific information.
AAABBB (777666 for GSCEs taken from 2015) or above (in any order) to include Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, English Language, and Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics or Statistics). The Science Double Award may substitute all sciences at GCSE.
We will take into account some of your personal circumstances and background when considering your application. Find out more about contextualised admissions.
IELTS Academic: 7.0 overall including 6.5 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.
TOEFL: 100 overall including 24 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking.
PTE Academic/PTE Academic UKVI: 68 overall including 62 in Writing, and 51 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.
Trinity College London, Integrated Skills in English (ISE): Trinity ISE III with Merit in Writing, Reading, Listening and Speaking.
C2 Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): 185 including 176 in Writing, and 162 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.
C1 Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): 185 including 176 in Writing, and 162 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.
- Course Code: A100
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12006 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Theoretical Physics with Year Abroad MSci (Hons) at Queen Mary University of London
- Theoretical Physics with Year Abroad BSc (Hons) at Queen Mary University of London
- Actuarial Science with Year Abroad BSc (Hons) at Queen Mary University of London
- Actuarial Science with Professional Placement BSc (Hons) at Queen Mary University of London
- Actuarial Science BSc (Hons) at Queen Mary University of London
- BSc (Hons) Zoology with Year Abroad at Queen Mary University of London