International Tourism Management, BSc (Hons)\ With a Year Abroad\ With a Year In Industry
Do you want a role in an exciting and diverse industry which boasts fantastic career opportunities across the world? Are you looking for a degree that will make you stand out from your competition and help you develop the skills which are vital in a variety of environments, including the management of a tourism organisation?
As one of the largest and most rapidly growing industries in the world, tourism is influenced by – and has considerable impact on – a range of economic, political, technological, social, cultural and environmental factors. Your course will delve into these issues and help you develop the essential knowledge and transferable skills to make an impact in this industry, both locally and across the world.
With marketing, management and impacts at the heart of the course, you will undertake real-life cases that bring destinations to life. You will also experience local and overseas destinations through a variety of field-trips, designed to help you understand the complexities and requirements of managing a tourism destination or enterprise. For information on trips and costs associated with field trips see ‘Field Trips’ and ‘Additional Costs’ expanders below.
You will study key subjects focusing on design, management, marketing, entrepreneurship and planning to really help you hone in on what it is to succeed in the tourism sector. As well as specialising in tourism, this course will equip you with essential modules in business management, allowing you to develop a broader range of skills that will further ready you for a career in various tourism organisations, including small and large firms, the public sector and not-for-profits.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Offers for programmes in the School of Management are usually within the range of ‘ABB-BBB’ or equivalent.
All applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and personal statement taken into account.
Variable offers are made dependent on subjects studied.
No A-level in Business, Economics, Maths or Accounting/Finance is required. We do not consider General Studies as an A-level subject for offer purposes. Students may combine A-levels with other qualifications below. GCSE Maths and English minimum C grade is also required.
The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) IB of 32-33 or higher.
The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) BTEC results of DDM or better.
Non-native English speakers must achieve 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent tests.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Tourism Management, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Public Relations and Media with a Foundation Year, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Cymraeg, Cyfryngau a Chysylltiadau Cyhoeddus (Welsh, Media and Public Relations), BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Accounting and Finance with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Economics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Economics and Finance with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY