Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety Science (Honours)
Make a positive difference to the lives of countless people as a qualified occupational health and safety professional tasked with ensuring workers always have the safest possible work environment.
As the world's focus on workplace safety and regulations increases, demand for occupational health and safety (OHS) graduates has never been greater.
UQ's Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety Science (Honours) is a multidisciplinary program covering a broad spectrum of study. You’ll learn scientific approaches to identifying, assessing and controlling chemical, physical and biological hazards, and learn about psychosocial health factors like stress, bullying, harassment and fatigue. You'll also study occupational hygiene, ergonomics, occupational health, safety science and risk management law, ethics and aspects of the environment.
With these key skills, you'll be able to ensure safe work environments, deliver education programs and analyse workplace data. You'll also devise, evaluate and implement OHS management systems, undertake OHS auditing and inspections, complete accident investigations and ensure compliance with legislation.
Upon graduation, you can look forward to pursuing OHS roles in Australia, North America, Europe, Asia and South America, while enjoying high salaries in everything from mining sites to corporate offices.
- Engage in a unique program combining studies of health, psychology, law, ethics and management with practical skills gained through placements, worksite visits and industry opportunities.
- Develop the key skills necessary to monitor and modify work environments in the best interests of everyone's day-to-day safety and wellbeing, and become trained to act in emergency situations.
- Combine essential university studies with the invaluable hands-on experience of collaborating with industry partners to ensure you're qualified and prepared to enter the workforce.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Occupational health and safety manager
- Occupational health and safety compliance investigator
- Occupational health and safety infection control practitioner
- Occupational health and safety consultant
- Occupational health and safety industrial hygienist
- Occupational health and safety environmental quality analyst
- Occupational health and safety policy officer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Chemistry, Physics or Biology (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 078842B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelors of Arts / Education (Secondary) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at The University of Queensland