Bachelor of Midwifery
Become a qualified midwife and prepare for a fulfilling career supporting mothers, babies and families.
Discover a fulfilling career safely guiding expectant parents through pregnancy, birth and the weeks that follow.
UQ's Bachelor of Midwifery is a respected and innovative program, developed in consultation with patients, students, midwifery associations and industry partners. The approach to learning includes lectures, enquiry-based workshops and clinical skills, integrating clinical placements in various midwifery settings.
You'll undertake more than 1000 hours of supervised clinical placements in a range of clinical locations, including hospitals and a variety of other healthcare organisations. This includes 20 ‘continuity of care’ experiences where you'll accompany a woman and her family through pregnancy, birth and the postpartum experience.
In your final year, our dedicated placement team will arrange your clinical placement, where you'll apply your theoretical knowledge to practise and develop clinical skills in real-life settings. You may have the opportunity to undertake a placement outside the Brisbane metropolitan area or overseas, subject to funding.
- Start your practical experience in your first semester in rostered clinical shifts and skills simulations.
- Complete a Bachelor of Nursing simultaneously as a dual degree and qualify as a nurse with just one more year of study.
- Begin the transition from student to midwife during extended placements in your final year.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Community midwife
- International aid worker
- Antenatal midwife
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 058541C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Master of Cyber Security at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Computer Science / Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Bachelor of Business Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Biotechnology at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Master of Data Science at The University of Queensland